Are you selling to industrial companies?
In case of yes, having access to a database with companies and businesses located in industrial parks can be a winning competitive advantage.
DataCentric has developed the Industrial Park Database for Spain. It covers the 4,045 existing industrial parks and a total of 220,000 companies and businesses with an industrial and manufacturing profile. The Industrial Park Database is composed by various modules and can be applied for different kind of sales, marketing and analytic activities
- Industrial Parks census. Listing of all Industrial Parks in Spain and with specific information about characteristics and location
- Database composed by the 220.000 companies and business located in Industrial Parks
- Digital maps with boundaries (incorporable as geographic layers for analytics).
- Street files. Repository of the streets and portals that make up the industrial parks that enable postal standardization, geocoding and analytics building by building
Industrial marKeting can become highly complex. In general, the decisions of a company are not governed by the same criteria as in the case of a consumer. To sell to a company is complex, it´s necessary to manage key data that are not always easy to access. What differentiates a specific company from others? In what industries does it operate? How many people work there? What’s the annual revenue? What is their specialty? Does it serve a tight geographical region or does its business operate nationally or internationally? What do they buy from you and your competitors? Who are the key decision makers etc.?
However, the segment of industrial companies has an important advantage – a large part of them are located in the same area, in industrial parks. Due to the characteristics of their activity and their demands, they tend to group themselves in areas called industrial parks. Areas located in strategic places and with facilities for production and manufacturing activity.
The location in very limited areas such as industrial parks provide advantages for commercial and marketing actions.
- Commercial actions can be effectively executed and coordinated
- As concrete potential markets, industrial parks can be previously analyzed and prioritized
- Facilitates the valuation of potentials and the definition of objectives
When talking about industrial parks in Spain, we normally refer to “Polígonos Industriales. Polígonos Industriales are urban units where, mostly, companies belonging to the secondary and / or tertiary sector are located. Companies to be located jointly share a series of infrastructures and services and generate spaces that are easily adapted to economic or productive changes.
According to the predominance of activities that they host, they can be distinguished as following:
- Industrial areas, dedicated to the transformation, that is, to manufacturing itself.
- Logistic areas, intended for storage and distribution activities, often mixed with the previous ones.
- Service areas, which group companies in the tertiary sector.
- Technology Park, which host companies related to research and new technologies.
- Mixed areas, where service companies are grouped and where a wide range of associated activities are offered (commercial, gastronomic, recreational, etc.). The latter, like the previous ones, have experienced an important development throughout the first decade of this century.
What the industrial areas and parks do have in common is that in general their boundaries and road structures lack accurate documentation in official directories and street-files. Until now, the databases for marketing and sales, in general, have been focused on covering mainly residential areas and office and business areas. However, industrial areas have not been covered with the same detail or with the same precision. So therefore, until now any attempt at geographic analytics or commercial activity on industrial parks has always presented a high complexity
The database of Industrial Parks offers multiple opportunities:
- Contact with companies and businesses with industrial and manufacturing profile
- Direct actions on specific industrial areas
- Analytics to quantify the value of opportunities in each Industrial Park
- Exploitation of data through digital cartography as support to the sales force
- Database quality improvements
Global Account Director
For more info contact with us here: email@example.com